Pages

Alton Brown: EveryDayCook



My name is Alton Brown and I wrote this book. It’s my first in a few years because I’ve been busy with television projects such as Good Eats and Iron Chef America and Cutthroat Kitchen. When I haven’t been hosting or producing, I’ve been developing digital media projects and touring my live stage shows and collecting awards. My publisher made me say that last part. But then I started thinking that I wanted to do something personal. And that’s whatEveryDayCook is. This is the food I cook and eat on a day-to-day basis, from morning to late at night and everywhere in-between. There’s still plenty of science and hopefully some humor here (my agent says that’s my “wheelhouse”) but unlike my other books, a lot of attention went into the photos, which were actually taken with my iPhone (take that, Instagram) and are suitable for framing. As for the recipes, which are arranged by time of day, they’re mighty tasty. Highlights include

• Breakfast: Buttermilk Lassi, Overnight Coconut Oats, Nitrous Pancakes
• Coffee Break: Cold Brew Coffee, Lacquered Bacon, Seedy Date Bars
• Noon: Smokey the Meat Loaf, Fish Sticks and Custard, EnchiLasagna (or Lasagnalada)
• Afternoon: Green Grape Cobbler, Crispy Chickpeas, Savory Greek Yogurt Dip
• Evening: Onion Oxtail Soup, Mussels-O-Miso, Garam Masalmon Steaks,
• Anytime: Pâté des Sardine, Roasted Chile Salsa, Peach Punch Pops
• Later: Cider House Fondue, Open Sesame Noodles, Midnight Mug Cake for 2

So let’s review: 101 recipes with mouthwatering, artful photos, a plethora of useful insights on methods, tools, and ingredients all written by an “award-winning and influential educator and tastemaker.” That last part is from the PR office. Real people don’t talk like that.



Enjoyed the preview?


Bhre

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.